Pages





Saturday, April 18, 2009

Heaven?

Oh my God, is there no end to my wickedness?”
From the deep recesses of the enormous room, a voice thundered. “There is no end to your sins.”
He looks and sees to the side of the room another great door opened. This door is completely different from the first This door uncovers a pit that is without end. Deep and without end, it sinks into a bottomless abyss. A fire blazes and there is no quenching this fire. It rises from the pit and scorches him face with its heat. It is, however, the cries that emanated from the pit that terrify him. The screams come from the souls of those doomed to spend eternity in torment. Him own soul shrinks within him.
He gazes down into the depths of the pit and then in one desperate motion, throws himself on him face and begins to crawl on him belly. He digs him fingernails into the golden floor in an effort to get as far from the pit as possible.
“Oh dear God have mercy on me a sinner! In the name of Jesus have mercy on my soul! Have mercy. I have sinned against God and man. I am sinful to the core. I was born in sin, lived, and died in sin. I ask, no I beg, for mercy. Have mercy on me in the name of Jesus. In the name of Jesus, forgive me!
When at last he has exhausted all of him efforts, he lies on the golden floor sobbing wretchedly. Nothing can save him from the terrifying abyss. He is doomed by him own actions. Him own conscious betrays him.
He feels the touch of a warm hand on him back. At the touch, he screams and jerks away fearing it is an angel come to cast him in the pit. “No, in Jesus name protect me from my own sin”, he cries.
A gentle voice speaks to him. “You needed to see that you were not worthy to enter my Father’s presence. However, remember what you did when you were yet a small child? You accepted Me as your personal Savior. Remember, you asked me to come into your heart and to forgive you of all your sins? All your sins mean just that. All. There is no sin that I cannot forgive because I am Jesus The Christ; I am The Son God who died for all your sins
He peers up from him prone position to look into the most beautiful face he has ever seen. Jesus Christ The Son of the Living God. He doesn’t know how he recognizes Him but he knows who this Man is. He just knows. Yes he had asked Him into him heart when he was just a child. He remembered it well, for his father had often reminded him that Jesus had forgiven him for past, present, and future sins. He was forgiven. He had prayed to God in His name all him life. He had tried to live a good Christian life, but this was so much more than just trying. This was forgiveness for all sin.
With a voice that soothed the torment of him soul he said, “Come, little one. I have a special surprise for you. He placed his hand under his and helps him to him feet. he hadn’t been “little one” in many years.
.
.
.
page 3 of 5

1 comment:

  1. Darrel-- I make it a point to not ever comment on religion. I will say that I am glad this post ends with you having hope.

    ReplyDelete