Pages





Saturday, April 18, 2009

Where Am I?


Within what seems to be only moments, a light appear in the distance and rapidly approaches. He watches with a strange sense of calm. the light soon takes on the form of men dressed all in white. The being stops beside him and takes an arm.

‘’Where are we going he asks with some apprehension/’’

‘’You’re going home and I’m here to guide you.''

The two of them move thru what seems to be the entire universe in just moments. Plants, suns, galaxies flash past them in a blur of movement. The journey ends abruptly before a great golden door. He notices that the door itself must be at least ten stories high. To his relief he notes that the stands wide open.

The being of light usurers he thru the door and into the room beyond. At this point, he vanishes; leaving him all alone in a room that is so beautiful in can not be described. Everything seemed to be either made of gold or encrusted with precious stones. The mere pavement was made of gold that it actually appears to be transparent. Diamonds of every cut and color seem to have been swept aside to allow for comfortable walking. He picks up one diamond the size of his fist, admires it then tosses it back into the pile of others like it.
‘‘This must truly be heaven’’, he thought to himself.

Drawn farther into the room he begins to make out a presence in the distance. Compelled to move forward he continues to approach the being. Then the realization struck him. He was approaching the throne itself. He was approaching God. Fear begins to grip his heart. The closer he drew to the presence of the Eternal God the more he realizes that a mistake had surely been made. What of my sins? Closer still and the sins of his life began to boil out of him like some loathsome disease.

‘’I’ve sinned! I have sinned before God and man! I am doomed to hell! I’m doomed to hell! I’m damned!’’

More sins come to his mind; sins of commission and sins of omission. More sins begin; sins began to pile into his conscious mind. Sins he had completely forgotten slapped him in the face; sins he thought no one else even knew came back to haunt him. He fell to his knees and with his head in his head he began to sob He wept bitter tears for all the things that could have/should have been done

‘'I can not bear the weight and pain of all my sins!’’

All the things that should have been began to flood his consciousnesses.

Page 2 of 5
.
.

3 comments:

  1. This post really struck a nerve with me. There are times when I feel physically ill because of the sins I have committed. I have often wondered how could I ever face God knowing how truly despicable I really am.

    There are times when I think how could You even possibly think of forgiving me of this? To think of the love that God has for me is to know true unconditional love.

    This is a very touching and convicting post. Thanks for sharing theses thoughts with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Sin? - Morgan Cryar

    It happened so long ago
    And I cried out for mercy back then.
    I plead the blood of Jesus
    Begged him to forgive my sin.
    But I still can't forget it
    It just won't go away.
    So I wept again, "Lord wash my sin,"
    But this is all He'd say,

    What sin, what sin?
    Well that's as far away as the east is from the west.
    What sin, what sin?
    It was gone the very minute you confessed
    Buried in the sea of forgetfulness.

    The heaviest thing you'll carry
    Is a load of guilt and shame.
    You were never meant to bear them
    So let them go in Jesus name.
    Our God is slow to anger
    Quick to forgive our sin
    So let Him put them under the blood
    Don't bring them up again.
    Cause He'll just say,

    What sin, what sin?

    ReplyDelete