Pages





Monday, March 30, 2009

In Cold Blood

They froze my blood by mistake!

My doctor’s office called this morning to tell me I needed to come back in and give more blood. I thought nothing of it and just took two hours out of my day to go and give more blood.

What the heck! If your doctor says he needs or wants something you just assume he has a very good reason for asking.

It was the lab technician that let the cat out of the bag. When she was prepping my arm to draw my blood she apologized for putting half my last sample in the freezer instead of the refrigerator.

She did say, however, that they were able to get my Lithium and vitamin D levels.
“You’re not even taking Lithium at all are you? Your levels are so low they barely register.”

“No. I’ve been waiting for my blood tests to be sent to my psych,” I said thru clenched teeth.

“I’m sorry. It will only be a few more days,” she returned.

So here I sit. The hospital won’t send my records and my doctor freezes my blood, while I get crazier by the moment.

That’s all I have to say for now.

12 comments:

  1. If there is something that i can do please don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I wish I could do something. Like maybe give your doctor a swift kick? I know how long a few days can be with your situation being what it is. Grit your teeth kiddo and hang on a bit longer. There has to be better days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adora
    The best thing that has come out of this is all the emails I've gotten from friends all over the world. Just knowing that someone else cares is sooooo encouraging
    Thanks for your support
    darrel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim
    Without my medication I'm moving past scary into full blown depression but I think I know what you're saying and I thank you
    darrel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricia
    With friends like you it is easier to endure. I read and re-read your messages. They are a great comfort to me
    Thank you so much
    darrel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josef
    Thanks for the encouragement........I really appreciate it
    darrel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Darrel ... I hope that, by now, they've got things straightened out. Doctors can be a real pain ... and I learned a long time ago that I have to push and push ... otherwise they seem to take their own sweet time. And if one is suffering ... time is an issue. So, hopefully, they've got things figured out for you. Take Care!

    Small Footprints
    http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Small
    Thanks for asking. They they have me on antibiotics for an infection I picked up in the hospital. (I think I came out sicker than when I went in). Can't get anything for the pain though. Pain pills are considered sinful in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darrel, been awhile since I saw your blog, but it popped up again today on blogs I follow, so here I am again. thanks for revisiting NR II and putting the link, appreciated.

    Hospitals and doctors all go under the heading "Health Care", hell, I think the operative word here is "care" and they don't seem to be too good at that sometimes.

    I see the post was a few days ago, hope things are evening out a bit by now. Keep your head up.

    AV

    ReplyDelete
  10. (the operative word here is 'care')
    I like that
    You know the difference between God and most doctors? God knows He's not a doctor
    darrel

    ReplyDelete